Monday, February 21, 2011

Study Craziness

As I talked about in my last post I've got a test tomorrow on Tissues/Integument, Since that post I've made over 100 flash cards and studied the hell out of them. I even went so far as to hack up my lab manual and previous edition A&P book in order to get color pictures of the tissues to study for the lab practical.

I went through the cards with my wife about 4 or 5 times and by the end of the 5th time I had all but 5 of the cards memorized.

I found this chapter to be my most difficult so far. I really liked the chapters where the material involved some kind of process. Hopefully I will do just as well on this section and I won't have to use this as my drop grade.


5 comments:

  1. You mentioned you use podcasts, right? Which and where do I find them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only listened to one so far this semester, and that was on iTunes University. It was from East Tenn univeristy on cellular metabolism.

    Just go to the itunes store, up top click itunes university and then search for anatomy & physiology

    ReplyDelete
  3. You impress me with your flash cards! I have to make up a bunch for my Med Term quizes we'll be talking soon. Let us know how well you do on this test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking a lot about your comment on my recent blog post and all I can say is that it does get easier. Death does get easier. And it's not really about exposure per say, it's more about reflecting on your own views of death.

    I think most nursing students go through a period where you wonder, "Can I really do this? Do I have the strength?" But you'll soon find the more you see, the more you do, the more you allow your heart to be willing, the easier it gets. Honest.

    Now, that doesn't mean that things won't get to you. Because they will. I have written post after post after post about those situations. But that's what makes us human with beating hearts. You are on your way to becoming a nurse because you care. If you didn't care, I'd say pick a different career.

    The other thing is that everyone has triggers. Mine happens to be kids. In fact, most people have a real hard time with kids. You don't ever want to become callous. Those who don't care and are not affected by death & tragedy should move on from nursing.

    PS. Good luck on your test. I'll be checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome flashcards! Reminds me of the ones I would make for Micro. :)

    ReplyDelete