Monday, February 7, 2011

Transfer Irritation

So I'm sitting here plotting out the rest of my time at community college. I have Summer 2011, and Fall 2011 and I will be done with CC. Why is it they make these forms so hard to figure out on your own? According to this chart, I can not claim A&P I, A&P II, or Microbiology in the natural science category, and must use them as electives. So that puts me having to take another science in addition to Chemistry to get the 8 hours required for that category. Since when is Anatomy and Physiology and Microbiology not a science? Wtf.

As of right now I have 47 semester hour credits. I would have had 55 had I not had to take 8 hrs of remedial math when I started back to college. So instead of being 10 credits short of graduating with my AA, I have 18 credits left. Which is not too bad when I have a summer and fall left to complete them in.

Sadly, due to some bad planning on my part, in those 18 credits I have the following classes.
  • Chemistry
  • A&P II
  • Microbiology
Yeah, that comprises 12 of the 18 credits needed to graduate. So looks like I will be doubling up Micro and A&P II. I see lots of studying in my future.

4 comments:

  1. I think that stinks that they won't count your sciences as sciences...Are you sure you talked to the right people? Everywhere I've gone and people who I've talked to say that the pre req.'s requred for the nursing program would include A&P I and II and Micro, frankly what other sciences do they think you should be taking? Crazy! You'll have to post a follow up to let us all know what became of your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's a lot of science classes to take at a time. I think you are indeed headed for a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZE: I found out it has to do with the fact that I'm getting an AA before I transfer to University for my BSN program. Otherwise I could just go into the ADN program at my current school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eiranai: Yeah, it's going to be A LOT of work. :)

    ReplyDelete