Friday, February 4, 2011

Genesis

Wordnet defines Genesis as "a coming into being". This is how I felt in my first couple A&P lectures, like I had finally found something that truly engaged me. I've never been so completely fascinated by any other subject before. I'm not sure if this is simply because I've been waiting so long to start something, anything, to do with my chosen major of Nursing, or if I am actually this fascinated with the material.

So far we've only gotten into Cellular Biochemistry, Cell structure and now Tissues. My first test resulted in a score of 105. These scores have done nothing but fuel my desire to learn more as quickly as I can.

I've been devouring all of the information on Nursing school that I can over the last several months, so I know this is not going to be a trip without it's roadblocks. I honestly believe however, knowing this has just made me that much more determined to succeed.

Goal 1: Finishing Nursing Prereqs
  • A&P I, A&P II
  • MicroBiology
  • Developmental Psych
Goal 2: Get accepted into BSN program
Goal 3: Graduate
Goal 4: Eventual home on a PICU somewhere.

Thats all for now.

My intent with this blog is to update semi-regularly as I go through pre-nursing, and nursing school so I will have a log of my journey that I can look back on some day



2 comments:

  1. Starting a blog to keep track of my journey was probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. It's awesome to look back on some of those old posts and get a feel for how you used to think :) Welcome, it's a sweet ride!

    If I can share anything from my experience that might help you where you're at now, it's this - I wish I spent more time LEARNING A&P, not just memorizing A&P for the final. You can never know it too well, especially if you want to go into intensive care.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip!

    I would say that I am trying to actually learn the material rather then simply memorizing it for a test. Who knows if I will remember any of this when I get to my BSN program.

    ReplyDelete