Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grade curves

My A&P class grades on a somewhat odd curve. If the average of the class is failing, ie a 55 the teacher adds enough points to the curve to make the class average passing (a 70).

So in my example, a 55 class average gets 15 points added to ever grade in the class bringing the class average to a 70.

Now, this a wonderful thing for those of us that actually study and do well. The last test we took was curved TWENTY FOUR points, thats how badly the class did. Which, for me is great, considering I made an 84 before the curve. So yay me getting a 108.

So uh, is it bad that I hope that my classmates continue to suck? :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

  1. Ha. Don't worry, doll. Most of my A&P classmates sucked too so it must be a trend. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it's not bad that you want everyone to suck, I totally would be thinking the same thing. Now it's a whole nother story if you try to psych your co-students out by leading them astray while studying with you and giving them the wrong answers. Haha that would be just plain wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol zazzy, that would indeed be bad!

    ReplyDelete