Monday, June 13, 2011

Of A's and C's

A&P II in the summer is just horrible. The pace is amazingly fast and there is no time to catch your breath from one test to another.

I did not start the summer out well. Previously I did not make any bad grades in A&P. Summer starts and the first two tests were horrible. 81 on Endocrine and a 67 on blood/circulatory. Quickly on the heels of those two tests was the cardiovascular test which I made a 90 on, and the Lab practical for Endocrine,Circulatory,Cardio and Lymphatic that we took today which I made a perfect score of 100 on.

I'm sitting here going over my notes for Immune response and it's mush. Everything is bluring together into one unintelligible clump in my head. I understand the conceptual difference between Cellular Immunity and Humoral Immunity, but I'm struggling with being able to get it back out of my head in the correct manner.

I'm fairly certain they won't accept "Uh, one uses cytotoxic T-Cells and one uses b-cells" as an answer.

Anyway!

On a non-school related note.

We have a two story house, or rather a single level house with a full, finished basement. Before the arrival of Kiddo #2 we spent all of our time in the basement. Now however all of our time is spent upstairs as to be closer to the screaming demon.

Here in lies the dilemma, Kiddo #1 still spends the majority of his time downstairs as thats where all his toys are, and he basically has full run of the place. He also has a bathroom down there, and being that he can't wipe his own bum yet lots of yelling was to be had after the deed was completed. Yelling that we don't always hear around 4 corners and a flight of stairs.

So this morning my wonderfully inventive three year old takes his green flute/recorder thing into the bathroom with him, does the deed and then proceeds to blow on the recorder like his life depends on it.

I was so busy laughing it took me twice as long to get him situated as it normally does! So now the sound of that recorder, and poop are now inextricably connected.

3 comments:

  1. That's too funny! Yeah summer school is pretty brutal. I'm taking a fluff class with microbio. Luckily the beginning of MB so far has just been review of anatomy stuff. We did chemistry and cellular respiration stuff again. I'm happy that my teacher for this course is MUCH better. I think the thing with summer courses is you just can't get behind for one second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say that I HATE summer classes because of the reasons you stated above.
    Also, what a great story of your child and the flute/recorder. I thought you were going to say that he used it to wipe his bottom. Such a creative way to get mommy or daddy to help out though, even if it's a pain for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, totally creative.

    We actually got a "poop whistle" and hung it on the cabinet next to the toilet, lol.

    ReplyDelete