Friday, May 13, 2011

Wait, what?

I spoke to soon.

Sadly I did not get a straight A semester as I expected. I must have totally bombed my old testament final in order to not get an A in that class. So unfortunately I got a B in that class instead of the expected A.

Monday the 16th I start A&P II, I'm really nervous about taking a class that is this hard in 8 weeks instead of the regular 16 weeks. I feel like I did well enough in A&P I that I can also make an A in A&P II despite the compressed timeline but man, its going to be a lot of work.

I looked over the syllabus and it seems like A&PII is mostly going to be physiology with much less anatomy. Which, for me atleast might be a good thing. I did markedly better on the sections in A&P I that had more "systems" to comprehend and put together then I did on straight anatomy. For instance I did better on cellular metabolism and the nervous system then I did on the skeletal system. (Actually skeletal system was my worst grade all semester, in my defense, my wife did give birth that week! lol)

5 comments:

  1. It'll be okay Nighthawke; you'll get through it just fine. Trust me if you got an A in A&PI then you'll do great in A&PII! Hang in there because the 8 weeks will fly by.
    Also don't skimp on any of the information though because once nursing classes start you'll be reviewing a lot of that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what I keep hearing. My wife and kiddos are staying with her mother for a few extra days, so I have this weekend by myself, I plan on reading up on the first 3-4 chapters we're going to cover to give myself a good starting point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing that too, I've been trying to review it as much as I can during my break before I start. Also- the A&P will help you in the fall for Microbiology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard that from my teacher about Micro.

    It's funny, I will have taken Micro, A&P I, and II before I take general biology, sort of a step back...

    ReplyDelete