Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Not accepted,but not denied.

So we all got our letters of acceptance/hold/denial last week for the fall start of nursing school. I'm currently taking 13 hours, two of the classes I'm in this semester are nursing classes ( health assessment, and intro to prof. Nursing). In order to pass these two classes you must have a 78 test average before anything else is averaged in or you don't pass. I currently have an 85 test average in assessment and a 77.65 in intro. Notice that its not a 78? Notice that it didn't round up? Yeah..

I got a letter stating I was on hold pending final grades at the end of the semester. I went and checked my class average, I've got an A in both classes with everything else averaged in, but those test scores suck!

I'm also having a hard time getting a grasp on how to study for these tests where there are multiple correct answers. Usually I do very well on tests and don't have to study much for them, recently though I'm studying 15+ hours (easily) for a freaking 50 question test. I hope something gives soon and I figure out a good way to put everything together, because this is stressful and I haven't even started actual nursing school yet.

2 comments:

  1. Are the tests in NCLEX format as in which of these correct answers would you do first?

    ABC
    ADPIE (As in Assessment before Implementation)
    Maslow

    If you work through these steps with every question it'll get easier to pick out the correct correct answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the tests are NCLEX style. I went today to review my last test with her. And we both decided that I just need to slow down and think more about the nursing process when answering the questions.

    ReplyDelete