Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Burning Ring of Fire

I feel like I am never going to be finished with this two year college. Last semester I was unable to work a 4 hour science elective into my schedule so I could graduate the two year school. So instead of getting to start at my four year university where i'll be taking the nursing program, I get to take one single class.

That one single class, is.... Physical Geology. Yay. Can you tell how excited I am? I don't want to be at this school anymore, I drive 25 minutes to class, sit there for 50 minutes, and then drive 25 minutes home. My teacher that I wanted and signed up for took emergency leave for upper respiratory problems and will not be back this semester, so I'm stuck with an aging retired USGS employee that really has no idea how to teach a class, and completed his masters in geology in 1959.

On a positive note, I finally get to do something Major related this summer as I'll be taking my CNA course with an eye to have that finished before Fall.

Then, then I will finally be able to begin at my four year school. Wait, thats not it though! I get to take two full semesters of pre-req's at this four year school before I can enter into the nursing program. Granted, I could have forgone the two semesters of credits and attempted to work the 19 credits in while I am in nursing school, but I really didn't want to burden myself with unnecessary course load if I could simply wait a bit before starting nursing school.

It seems like my journey is never going to end, much less start, I'm hoping that I'm just feeling burnt out on my two year school because I know I'm so close to the end.

2 comments:

  1. "It seems like my journey is never going to end, much less start..."

    Oh, maybe it seems like but actually time passes so subtle that in due time you open your eyes and find out that you are already finished with your studies. Just persevere, eh. And you can do it. :)

    Cheers,
    Peny@nurse shoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very correct in your thinking about not over doing it in the nursing program with co-reqs. You absolutely want to be able to concentrate of doing well in them, they are a whole new world of crazy.

    I know you are dying to jump in and be an RN already, as am I, but knowing that there are not a ton of great jobs right now is a good equalizer at this point.

    Here's hoping the market will be ready when you are!

    ReplyDelete