Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pathophysiology

As it's going to be a little while longer before I actually start nursing school at the University I decided to pickup a Patho book to read since I won't be exposed to Anatomy any longer after having passed A&P II this summer. After reading about Pathophysiology made easy over at Zazzy's Blog, which was via another blogger that I read, Christine.

I am throughly engrossed with this book. I've read several of the sections, and have been dorking it up pulling up secondary resources to fill in the details when I don't fully understand something.
I don't figure it will hurt me to familiarize myself with the topics the book covers but I do have a slight fear that I'll learn something incorrectly and then have a hard time unlearning the incorrect information. Heh


4 comments:

  1. You will have a great start! If you haven't already start doing NCLEX questions start them now. I bought my first NCLEX study guide as soon as I found out I was in the nursing program and started answering question. I was amazed at how much I knew and I am sure that is why I did so well on the tests in class from the start when others struggled to get used to the style.

    Also if you are interested, take a Patho class at the college. I know for a BSN it usually is a requirement. Keeps you rolling along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my Patho class. It was hard work, but fascinating stuff. I knew A&P fairly well, but seeing it go from typical and "perfect" A&P to disease conditions in Patho...it was pretty cool. It's nice to hear a condition in clinicals and understand the basics of it, then to be able to think on it a bit and get a better understanding of what's going on with the patient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that book, much more than my required Path book (http://www.elsevierhealth.com.au/Nursing/specialty/book/9780729539517/Understanding-Pathophysiology-ANZ-adaptation/). Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments folks. Im still wading through the patho book, but now that class has started back, I don't have much spare time for personal reading. :/

    ReplyDelete