Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CNA - You mean I have to touch people?

It's been quite some time since my last post. Not much has happened on the school front, things are mostly stalled while I wait for fall semester to start. I'm taking my CNA class right now, and I'm about 3 weeks away from Clinicals. I was surprised to find out that we have a whopping total of 28 hours of clinicals to complete. For some reason I was under the impression that it was going to be 40+ hours of clinicals.

I really feel like this CNA class is a massive step backwards and I should have done this class FIRST. It really seems like these tests were written for 8th graders, with little to no education and just a dash of common sense. If it wasn't for the fact that my four year university uses the CNA class as a weed out process to make sure anyone entering their nursing program actually understands that you have to TOUCH people, I wouldn't be taking this class at all.

There's only one bit I'm actually looking forward to and thats the interaction with the residents at our facility.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah the info is pretty basic... you'd be surprised at the amount of people who actually can't pass it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't be upset. Your experiences really helped a lot in taking right steps for their career. Thanks for sharing it on web.


    pharmacy technician salaries

    ReplyDelete