Sunday, April 10, 2011

A&P Books

In my A&P Class we currently use the two semester Holes Anatomy and Physiology textbook. I personally dislike the book, the graphics do not give very good detail and the information is presented in the most boring and dry fashion.

Fortunately my teacher agrees with me and sources all of her graphics from the Saladin Anatomy & Physiology book.

I have heard about this text book dozens of times from my teacher over the course of this semester, how much better it is, how much more comprehendible it is etc. So... I purchased the 6th edition last week and got it in the mail yesterday.

I figure since I have another semester of anatomy it wasn't too much of a waste of money.

After looking over the book and comparing it with my Holes book, I have to agree that the information seems to be presented in a more conversational manner instead of fact after fact ad nauseum.

3 comments:

  1. We used Holes A&P books as well...and the lab manual. I sold my text back, no hesitation. Kept the lab manual, still refer to it every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you use the website for Holes? I don't really have a preference about the book but I really like that they have practice tests and fun stuff you can do online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My A&P class uses a book by Marieb. It is a really good book! I love it.

    Heres a picture of it in my blog. http://snakesayan.blogspot.com/2011/01/tips-and-tricks-for-anatomy-and.html

    ReplyDelete